Thursday, May 27, 2010

Our Wedding

Josh and I have been together since January 2005.  We got married in September 2009 at the Montaluce Winery in north Georgia and if I do say so myself, it was the most beautiful wedding ever!  Since I'm a designer, I refused to have/pay for a planner so I did it all myself.  The winery has a restaurant and beautiful vineyards so the location and food was taken care of.  I was set on simple and outdoor elegant so to save money on those ridiculous flowers, I planted herbs in our yard and put them in simple recycled glass vases right before ceremony and it was gorgeous.  The tables smelled good too! 


You must see this place if you're ever in Dahlonega, GA



 The tables I designed

 Most perfect kiss ever

I was also crazy enough to make my own cake (I'll post that recipe and tutorial at some point).  I watch a lot of Food Network competitions and thought "I can do that" so I found some recipes, tried them, and practiced rolling fondant.  The end result was great. I made a 3 tiered white cake painted with the black swirl design I designed for our invitations. The flavors were white chocolate raspberry (with fresh raspberries), butter pecan peach (with fresh GA peaches), and creme de menthe chocolate.  They were all delicious and I was quite proud.  I enjoyed it so much that I'd love to go to pastry school if I ever get the chance.

Yep, I made that...all by myself with no formal education

No comments:

Post a Comment