Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Blueberry Pomegranate Tea Blend

Even though I'm from the South, I hate tea.  Everyone I know thinks I'm crazy and I just haven't found the right one so they try to make me taste this kind or that kind...I just don't like tea.  I know it can have ridiculous health benefits, though so just like my resolution to eat more vegetables, I resolved awhile back to find a way to be able to drink tea. 
I've already talked about my love for blueberries and it just so happens that they're about as good as fruit gets as far as healthy benefits.  Minute Maid has a great blueberry pomegranate juice blend that I discovered a couple years ago.  Like any juice, even 100% juice, it's full of sugar so I diluted it with a little water at first, then thought maybe I should sneak in some tea.  This is what I came up with.


6 c boiling water
6 teabags- blueberry, raspberry, pomegranate, mixed berry, or any combination thereof (I used half blueberry and half raspberry)
24 oz blueberry pomegranate juice


I use a large measuring cup to microwave the water for a couple minutes.  I just throw the tea bags into the pitcher I'm going to use and pour the water over the top.


Let it steep for about 30 min.


Add the juice and refrigerate.


This is my favorite post-workout drink.  It's sort of like my Bluetini but without the gin.  It's refreshing and healthy without all the sugar of straight-up juice.  You could even throw a few frozen blueberries in there instead of ice.  I used to use more juice in the mixture but I've slowly been raising the tea-to-juice ratio.  Pretty soon, I might be able to just drink the tea but for right now, why mess up a good thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment