Thursday, May 27, 2010

Bran Muffins

My mom has been making these since I can remember.  I loved them as a kid and I'm so glad my husband loves them now because they're really easy to make and are great for a quick breakfast.  My mom and I have collaborated recently to make the muffins a little healthier by reducing the sugar and substituting whole wheat flour.   
















1/2 c agave nectar
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c oil
2 eggs
2 1/2 c whole wheat flour
2 c fat-free buttermilk
2 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
















In another bowl:
Pour 1 cup boiling water onto 3 cups All Bran cereal
















Mix first set of ingredients well.  Mix in moistened bran cereal until incorporated.
















Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes.































I love these silicone baking cups.  Just spray a little oil in them before filling and you get perfect muffins every time without the paper mess.  No cleaning messy muffin tine either. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment