Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Oklahoma City

It was during this time living in a hotel that we started experimenting with our diet.  I've never been overweight, I've always been very athletic.  After college, though I wasn't as active and I was on some medicine that caused me to gain about 30 lbs and I was having trouble losing it.  I read Making the Cut by Jillian Michaels and Food Rules by Michael Pollan and it gave me some ideas for changes.  We decided to follow Jillian's 30-day diet and cut out alcohol altogether, cut down on the salt, cut down on the carbs, ate very little pork or beef, and I ate salads for every lunch.  On top of that, I used Livestrong.com to count calories and we did Jillian's circuit training workout for 45 minutes 5 times a week.  After the first week, I lost almost 4lbs but it plateaued after that.  We took before and after pictures and even though I felt a little better, the photos showed no difference and we were very discouraged.  This made me mad because we thought we were literally working our asses off.  On the brighter side, it meant that I was ok to have my wine back because it didn't really matter if I drank it anyway.  Either way, we decided to just change a few little things at a time until we find something that works for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment