Sunday, May 30, 2010

Party Mix

This is based on the party mix recipe by Crispix.  My mom has been making this one since I can remember too.  She put pretzels in it but they have a ridiculously high glycemic index so I left them out.  She also uses Cheerios and honey roasted peanuts, which are awesome so I kept those.  I have a hard time keeping this stuff around.  Josh doesn't actually eat it but I always grab a handful when I walk by the storage jar so it's gone before I know it.  Oh well.  It's great fiber.


6 c Crispix cereal
1 c plain Cheerios
1 c wheat Chex
1 c honey roasted peanuts
3 tbs margarine
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp lemon juice
4 tsp Worcestershire sauce

Mix cereal, nuts, and pretzels in a bowl.  Mix remaining ingredients in another bowl, pour over cereal mixture and stir until evenly coated.


Spread thinly on a baking sheet and bake at 250° for 45 min, stirring every 15 min.


Spread on paper towels to cool.


You can add other things to this.  It's a pretty forgiving recipe.  My grandma uses mixed nuts and pretzels instead of Cheerios and honey roasted peanuts.  Just don't use anything that's already seasoned, like Gardetto's.  I've had that and it's just too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment