Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Spinach Artichoke Dip

I've had this recipe for awhile.  It's one I found online but I don't remember where.  I've taken it to several parties and every time, it was a hit.  I usually serve it with slices of Pillsbury French loaf but I've recently started using slices of toasted sourdough bread.  Pita chips work well too.

 I actually used mozzarella because I don't eat much cheese and it's all I had.  It still worked just fine.

6oz artichoke hearts
10oz thawed spinach, squeezed dry
3 tbs fat free sour cream
2 tbs fat free mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
2 tbs fat free cream cheese
2 tbs Romano cheese
2 cloves minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste


Pulse all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.


 Hmm, needs just a pinch more salt.


Perfect.


Now spread it out evenly in a baking dish and bake at 375° for about 25 min.  There's a chance I sprinkled just a little cayenne pepper on top.  I'd never tried it before but it gave the dip such a nice hint of spice, I'm going to do it again and again.


While the dip is baking, you can bake the bread too if it needs baking (like the Pillsbury French bread).  If it's already baked (like the sourdough I used), cut it into pieces and broil it until nice and toasty.  Keep an eye on it!  Those broilers are crafty and will burn your bread if you turn your back on them.


I caught mine just in time.

Serve them up on a cute platter and watch them disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment